[LinuxBIOS] Is Linux seeing my ACPI table?

Jon Dufresne jon.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:39:43 CET 2006

I get the impression that LinuxBIOS is writing an ACPI table because I
see this during the BIOS phase

ACPI: Writing ACPI tables at f0400...
ACPI:     * FACS
ACPI:     * DSDT @ 000f04a2 Length 342
ACPI:     * FADT
ACPI: added table 1/6 Length now 40
ACPI: done.

Then when the boot is handed over the Linux I see the following:

ACPI: RSDP (v000 LXBIOS                                ) @ 0x000f0400
ACPI: RSDT (v001 LXBIOS RSDT     0x00000000 NONE 0x00000000) @ 0x000f0424
ACPI: FADT (v001 LXBIOS LXBACPI  0x00000000 LXB 0x00000000) @ 0x000f07e4
ACPI: DSDT (v001 LXBIOS LXB-DSDT 0x00000001 INTL 0x20061109) @ 0x00000000
ACPI: Disabling ACPI support

It appears to me that Linux thinks DSDT is at address 0!? Am I
interpreting this right? It worries me that it then disables ACPI
support. I feel this disabling of ACPI might be affecting my irq
routing.

Any idea what this might mean? This is my first time getting into the
details of ACPI and find some of the documentation confusing.

Thanks for any help
Jon