[LinuxBIOS] Digital-Logic, Intel 855GME, 945GM, AMD LX800

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Thu Dec 21 13:45:11 CET 2006

Tom Sylla wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Marc-André Beck <marc-andre_beck at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> What about the other two chipsets I mentioned: Intel 945GM and AMD LX800
>> Is the AMD LX800 booting properly?
>>

> AMD LX is working for Indrek Kruusa on one model board. (see the mail
> archive) His last mail to me said he had quite a few changes in his
> tree, and they are missing from the LB tree since they are not
> generic.

I can provide our source for Geode LX if needed. VSA should be obtained
from AMD.
And I still have the plan to merge our changes with mainline....

>  LX also requires the VSA binary blob for your platform, which
> is, in general, not available.

For VGA your need the VGA ROM from AMD. If you can live without
bootsplash and run Xorg at the end then you can omit VGA/VESA support.
Xorg has Geode LX native driver in separate git tree.

cheers,
Indrek