[LinuxBIOS] Asus Vintage AH1

Alan Jones skyphyr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 23:24:52 CET 2006

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to have a read through all this.

    *  Step 1: A very brief description of your system: CPU,
northbridge, southbridge, mainboard and optionally other important
details.

CPU:
AMD Athlon 64FX/Athlon 64
Socket 939
1 GHz (K8)
I've got an AMD64 X2 4400+ in it if that's relevant.

North Bridge: ATI Radeon Xpress 200
South Bridge: ULI M1573

    * Step 2: Linux lspci output for your system, generated by booting
Linux via the original BIOS and runnning lspci.

00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 Host Bridge (rev 10)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI-X Root Port
00:06.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8
[Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8
[Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8
[Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8
[Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
00:19.0 PCI bridge: ALi Corporation M5249 HTT to PCI Bridge
00:1c.0 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.1 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.2 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.3 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 2.0 Controller (rev 01)
00:1d.0 Audio device: ALi Corporation High Definition Audio/AC'97 Host
Controller
00:1e.0 ISA bridge: ALi Corporation PCI to LPC Controller (rev 31)
00:1e.1 Bridge: ALi Corporation M7101 Power Management Controller [PMU]
00:1f.0 IDE interface: ALi Corporation M5229 IDE (rev c7)
00:1f.1 RAID bus controller: ALi Corporation ULi 5287 SATA (rev 02)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce
6600] (rev a2)
03:10.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
03:11.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
03:12.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host
Controller (rev 80)

    * Step 3: Super I/O chip on the mainboard (report the model
numbers on the actual chip, for example "Winbond W83627HF").

Winbond W83627EHG-A

    * Step 4: Type of BIOS device (see the question "How do I identify
the BIOS chip on my mainboard?" below).

I'm not sure if this is the right info, but I found a sticker saying
AMIBIOS BF13, 1044

    * Step 5: URL to the mainboard specifications page (optional).

It's a barebones PC and I haven't found a separate page detailing the mainboard.
http://uk.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=570&l1=1&l2=1&l3=0

    * Step 6: Any other relevant information you can provide.

Well I couldn't find mention of either northbridge or southbrige on
the linuxbios page (but perhaps that's because the info on the asus
site isn't talking about the same thing - no idea there) so I'm
guessing it may not be supported standard yet, but if there is
something I can do to help provide support then let me know. Like most
of you on the list the machine only has linux on it (gentoo 64bit) so
anything I need to run to help get info about the chips is no problem.

I also gave flashrom a quick spin and managed to get a dump of the
bios with it - I'm pretty certain it's good as I've upgraded the bios
previously and this one is very close to binary equal (though not
exactly) to the rom I flashed up.

Cheers,

Alan.