[LinuxBIOS] USB Support <WAS Re: Accessibility of LinuxBios>

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Jul 3 16:44:26 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060703 16:07]:
> Bari Ari wrote:
>
> >We are currently working on mainboard designs that will not have any
> >serial ports with chipsets that don't have any serial ports. What did we
> >decide to do with LinuxBIOS, since the future is now?
>
> I would most rather do what we're doing on OLPC: linux in flash, since
> linux works well with usb.

No doubt.

But it does not solve the solution of the "how do we do ram
bringup without serial interface", so we need to think of something in
this area.

* HDT / JTAG
* dumb buffer free usb serial support
* (bonkers) building a bios savior with a writeable and
  remote readable part which allows us to have a "serial
  console" with simple memory writes.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613