[LinuxBIOS] USB Support <WAS Re: Accessibility of LinuxBios>

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 3 22:45:33 CEST 2006

yhlu wrote:
> so you will not get debug info on linuxbios stage. and some later stge
> of Linux kernel you will get some out put even later than from vga
> console.

yes, but ... that's how it goes. Very few people want to see linuxbios
anyway.

Many years ago I did an experiment, and was able to set things up so
that linuxbios log buffer was picked up by the kernel, so you could do a
dmesg and see linuxbios messages. I think this might be useful to revive.

I just don't see us putting a fully capable usb stack into linuxbios, it
will not work as well as the linux usb stack.

ron