[LinuxBIOS] how to use ramdisk as rootfs

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jul 7 12:08:47 CEST 2006

* zhu shi song <zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com> [060707 10:50]:
> Dear Lists,
>    I can boot my EPIA using Linuxbios.  But I want to
> use RAM disk as root file system.  How can I do with
> it?

Use an initial ramdisk (initrd). You can specify it in the bootloader
(ie filo) as initrd=/path/to/initrd in the kernel command line, or
use mkelfImage to produce a single binary from kernel and initrd so it
can be flashed to rom as part of LinuxBIOS.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613