[LinuxBIOS] [QUESTION] VSA2 for OLPC

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Tue Jul 25 09:36:52 CEST 2006

Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Indrek Kruusa wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> The VSA2 bios for OLPC seems to be quite minimal: 64 KB.
>>
>> I would be glad to know:
>> - is there only vsainit and sysmgr inside vsa for olpc?
>> - does audio, ohci/ehci and video handled by kernel drivers?
>> - does OLPC target booting without major problems?
>>
>> It seems to be true but it is better to know for sure ;)
>>
>> Indrek
>>

> I have not tested audio. Yes, the 64K is intentionally small. We wanted
> to have in VSA at all, but could not kill it entirely.

Do you have any pointer to updated documentation for VSA2? For example
from VSA2 source I can see where to load source, destination and length
(esi,edi,ecx) but is there documentation about that?

About VSA2 image: I suppose you have something like this:

4 bytes len(VSA) | vsainit.bin | sysmgr.vsm

- Is this correct?
- How do you compress the image?
- Do you provide VSA2 binary image for download somewhere?

thanks,
Indrek