[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-MII 12000, almost there. ( newbie )

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jun 2 00:16:41 CEST 2006

* Per Mellander <per at mellander.org> [060601 11:32]:
> I don't know if I'm stupid or what, but it just won't work for me :(
>
> First of. I can't have my harddisk connected as hdb1 and my cdrom as hda1, ( which is
> out of the box for my setup ) because the IDE-disk will not be recognized by LB if its
> secondary. ( ??? )
>
> Then it keeps restarting ???
>
> Any hints someone??

Hi Per,

 - is your kernel compiled for any K7 or newer CPUs? I remember I had
   problems with the default SUSE kernel because it assumed CPU features
   that an Epia-M 10000 did not have.

 - Can you run memtest as a payload before proceeding with filo?
   http://www.memtest86.com/ or http://www.memtest.org/
   (not sure which one of them supports LinuxBIOS)

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613