[LinuxBIOS] cant detect bios with flash software

bios at lists.actweb.info bios at lists.actweb.info
Fri Jun 30 02:08:50 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have just got my RD1, and installed it into my EPIA-PD10000 m/board (same chipset as the EPIA-M), all works fine :)

I ran the flashrom util fom the linuxbios source code, (downloaded via svn)
when i run the flashrom util i get the following :-

with bios savour switched in, but nothing written :-

:~/bios/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom# ./flashrom
Calibrating delay loop... ok
No LinuxBIOS table found.
Enabling flash write on VT8235...OK
W49F002U found at physical address: 0xfffc0000
Flash part is W49F002U
OK, only ENABLING flash write, but NOT FLASHING.

with original bios switched in :-

~/bios/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom# ./flashrom
Calibrating delay loop... ok
No LinuxBIOS table found.
Enabling flash write on VT8235...OK
No EEPROM/flash device found.

As you can see the RD1 bios chip is reconised fine but my original bios chip dosnt seem to be found :(
on inspection of the bios chip, i can see a chip number of :F492002UA
If ive understood the flashrom program, this isnt reconsied becasue there isnt a file of that name within the flashrom directory (each file represents its resective bios number????)
Has anyone come accross this bios chip before, and if so can they supply the config file for flashrom?

As i understand it, i should still be able to use the EPIA flash program, but as i dont have a working floppy drive in the house, and am not keen on using a cd for a 1.44Mb file, PLEASE could anyone recomend a way around this?
Also if i use the EPIA flash program it makes it harder to get the compiled rom into the bios, as i have to jump from linux to windows all the time :(

Is there a way to grab the entire bios using dd under linux? could this be sued to get a copy of the original bios, and then write this to the RD1?

Many thanks

Matt