[LinuxBIOS] RES: RES: Rumba target and AMD RDK THINCLIENT

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Mar 10 18:27:27 CET 2006

jardel wrote:
> Does any one know if the use of vsa binary is free of charge or if would
> be necessary pay some kind of fee to Insyde  ?

AMD routinely points you to Insyde for any BIOS bits and pieces. I spoke
to Insyde a few years ago about getting just the VSA. They were never
approached about this in the past and didn't know how to respond. That
project died and I never followed up with them.

Surely with the new laptop initiative they will have to open VSA up,
unless they were planning on a closed BIOS for them.

-Bari