[LinuxBIOS] OLPC hardware specification information

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Mar 13 18:21:02 CET 2006

On a teleconference on March 2, AMD said that we can have/use any of
their code (e.g. VSA sources, as I understand it) that we need, and that
that code could be incorporated into LinuxBIOS.

What is more, they said that they had ensured that they owned all the IP
associated with this code since Geode's acquisition by AMD.

They also said that LinuxBIOS was now considered a peer of any
commercial BIOS and they would support the development. I know from
subsequent mail that AMD's expert on LinuxBIOS in the Opteron group has
spent a day with the Geode team to try to get them up to speed.

I don't know if AMD has a BIOS of their own; heretofore people have used
commercial BIOS's on Geode.  (says me the non-BIOS guy who usually
pushes packets and pixels around).

AMD, BTW, is one of the corporate sponsors of OLPC.  And I meet with
David Wahl of AMD later this week, who is in charge of the group in AMD
who support BIOS developers.
				Regards,
					- Jim Gettys
					OLPC