[LinuxBIOS] OLPC hardware specification information

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Mar 14 00:21:11 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 15:24 -0700, Li-Ta Lo wrote:

> It for compatibility with the legacy VGA and Sound Blaster interface.
> Probably we don't need them since we will use the so called "native
> drivers".

Thanks.

We will certainly use an fbdev driver on the OLPC system in production
(we plan various magic which requires it); unfortunately, while there is
a fbdev driver for GX1 and LX, there isn't one yet for GX2 (ironic,
isn't it; we have a driver for the older chip and the newer chip;
sigh...).  It is on the "must implement" list.

This instant we need to find someone to hack the two drivers into one...

Anyone familiar with hacking fbdev drivers?

> We do need the VSA source for other stuff.

Yup.  That I understand.
			- Jim

--
Jim Gettys