[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Hardware Write-Protect for BIOS & EC]

Wahl, David David.Wahl at amd.com
Fri Mar 24 18:31:29 CET 2006

A corrupted ROM has to be followed by a system restore, either manual or
automatic, depending on the level of intelligence you want to build into
the hardware.  I have seen scenarios where restore partition is in an
unwritable location and there is a ROM in some safe location whose sole
purpose is to restore from the protected partition.

thanks,
d.