[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Tue May 2 13:01:26 CEST 2006

> So enableing the printks causes the emulator to hang.  Interesting.
> This seems to suggest there may be some sort of subtle timing problem.
>  With the printks it should run painfully slow but it should not hang?
>  printk generate IO to the serial port.  I wonder if that is some how
> messing it up.

Could it be a interrupt problem between the vga device and the serial port ?

This board is highly integrated, and after a successful boot, I have got
sometimes a kernel panic with a non-syncing interrupt handler.
Furthermore the vga device is located with interrupt 0 under lspci.

Ok, it is theory only :D

chris