[LinuxBIOS] Solved: Makefile weirdness

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Tue May 2 16:29:05 CEST 2006

I just checked ... they are identical.

I don't think this addresses the issue, however.  It happens to _work_
when I do a make, update Config.lb, buildtarget, then a final make.  If
I put a make clean in after the buildtarget, that's where it fails.

Here's what I think might be going on:

The first make w/o the options compiles all of the object files
correctly, but without VGA (as expected).  After the buildtarget, _some_
of the object files need to be updated to support the new options.  This
subset of object files is recompiled correctly, and then all of the
object files are linked into a working executable.  When you do a 'make
clean' after the build target, all of the object files are wiped out and
recompiled.  Some of the object files that wouldn't normally be touched
on the second make are now re-compiled, but they're re-compiled
incorrectly because of the updated options.

*shrug*