[LinuxBIOS] Epia M tree build issue

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Thu May 4 18:51:21 CEST 2006

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Eric Poulsen <eric at zyxod.com> [060504 18:31]:
>
>> I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here, but I can't
>> seem to get a definitive answer, and the build process for LB is ...
>> complex.
>>
>> 1) Is the effect reproducible on other systems? Has anyone else tried to
>> follow the same steps I have?*
>>

> No, I've never seen this effect and could therefore not analyze it in
> detail.

Do you mean "No, I didn't try" or "I tried, but it didn't happen to me"?

>> 2) If so, is this a "real" issue?  Or do I just badly mis-understand the
>> LB build process?
>>

> If it does not work for you, it is a real issue. Then either the docs or
> the code need fixing.

I can make it work, but only in a way I would consider "work around" or
"hackish".

>> * I realize that most people don't have Epia motherboards to try this
>> on, but if the "right" way compiles the first time around, that'd be
>> something.
>>

> What exact version of an Epia board do you have? Maybe someone else with
> the same version can comment more qualified

I have an Epia ML 5000 (I don't know the revision off the top of my
head), which is very similar to the M, but with less hardware.  I really
don't think the hardware is an issue.  The Epia-M tree works fine
(albeit with a delay at the beginning, which is easily removed by
disabling the firewire code), as does my modified Epia ML tree.  I've
used both the 2100 and the "newest" SVN revision without any issues,
other than the build issue I mentioned.