[LinuxBIOS] etherboot/filo + sata startup timing

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri May 5 23:38:30 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:47:09PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> AUTOBOOT_DELAY is a different one, it waits for user interaction before
> trying to start the kernel..

Right - FILO never even gets to that point.

> drive startup times could be an issue though
>
> Could you try some things:
>
>  * update to the latest svn revision (17 as I write this) and make sure
>    you enabled the following option (which is new)

I've tried rev 19.

>      # Add a short delay when polling status registers
>      # (required on some broken SATA controllers)
>      IDE_DISK_POLL_DELAY = 1

I've tried this; the boot log is attached (minicom-20060505.cap) with
DEBUG_PCI, DEBUG_IDE and DEBUG_LINUXBIOS enabled. Didn't help.

>  * if that doesnt help: try whether the disk is detected as hda instead
>    of hde. This might happen with the current code.

I've tried that too, the bootlog is also attached (minicom-20060505-2.cap).
Still no luck; though here it does seem to find the IDE controller. But not
the drive...

Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>