[LinuxBIOS] s2881 fan control

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat May 6 14:25:21 CEST 2006

* Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> [060505 23:19]:
> > I can shut the machine down, do a cold boot into LinuxBIOS, and it still
> > works.
> >
> > Until I unplug the power to the machine, that is.
> >
> > After that, I can still read out everything (see attached
> > set_fan_speed_bad.txt) correctly, but now also _set_ the fan speed.
>
> I'm sorry this is confusing. After unplugging and replugging the power to the
> machine, I need to boot the proprietary BIOS once to be able to set the fan
> speed on any consecutive (cold) boot.

Can you do an lspci -xxx on the machine while running LinuxBIOS after a
cold boot

a) without factory bios running once before
b) with factory bios running once before

and diff them to see if there's something we can easily do. (ie. in the
"ACPI bridge" device?)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613