[LinuxBIOS] I give up -- time for a new plan.

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Tue May 9 23:16:50 CEST 2006

I've been researching the IDE/DMA/Linux issue that appears to plague the
VT8235 southbridge.  Seems there is _no_ reliable fix for this issue,
which has been known to exhibit itself even in Windows if you're using
the old/stock via drivers.    Even if I do get the LB issues figured
out, the DMA issue (as far as I can tell) is _unfixable_.  Reliability
is a huge thing for me (hence the use of Linux).  The Epia board is
bound for Ebay.

Here's the big question:

Can someone recommend a _NON-VIA_ small form factor motherboard
(mini-itx, preferrably), that has all the usual goodies
(IDE,USB,VGA,serial, etc) that is known to work well with LinuxBios?
Naturally, one without a VIA chipset?