[LinuxBIOS] I give up -- time for a new plan.

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Wed May 10 17:35:29 CEST 2006

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Eric Poulsen <eric at zyxod.com> [060510 06:13]:
>
>> Note that the "fix" is a new BIOS, which is useless to potential LB
>> users.  Also, the ML (my board) is not on there, but it has the EXACT
>> same symptoms.
>>

> Does the bios update fix the problem completely? Maybe they do some
> smart pci configuration thing or they load a microcode update?

Some people say that it works for them, other people say it's useless.

Upon further reading, there might be two distinct problems: DMA bugs in
8235/8237 and/or Linux CPU scaling (longhaul).
> If its pci configuration we might compare the pci config space with the
> old and the new factory bios to find out the fix.

Only if the bios actually works, and there isn't any reason to believe
it does.  Additionally, there isn't a "fix" bios for my board.  Best I
can do is try the M bios and hope that it works for the ML boards.