[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu May 11 15:33:42 CEST 2006

> One of the many delicacies of LinuxBIOS is that it enters protected mode
> (32bit mode) after only 17(!) CPU instructions.

Ok, were is it done in LB
is entering protected mode a standard procedur of LB.

I.e. the GX1 have to set bit 0 on CR0 to 1

>>that file does something on register cr0, but for the GX1 in cr0 is
>>nothing about fpu?!
>

> I would assume it is there anyways, or the FPU is always enabled for the
> GX1?

Maybe, I have to read the datasheet for FPU

>>can anybody explain this in easy words ;)
>>which bits are set in that case.
>

> in easy words: none. bit 2 is cleared though.

Thanks for the leson ;)

Ok, for the GX1 the EM is set to 0; Emulate Processor Extension, if EM =
1 all flaoting point instructions causes a DNA fault 7

Seems that the FPU is always enabled.

chris