[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu May 11 15:54:45 CEST 2006

Christian Sühs schrieb:
>>One of the many delicacies of LinuxBIOS is that it enters protected mode
>>(32bit mode) after only 17(!) CPU instructions.
>

> Ok, were is it done in LB
> is entering protected mode a standard procedur of LB.
>
> I.e. the GX1 have to set bit 0 on CR0 to 1

Oh, I have found that stuff :D
And I'm confused now.

It seems, I have to write my own entry16.inc code for the gx1.
The default entry16.inc should enable the cache for example, but there
are written false values to the cr0 register.

>>in easy words: none. bit 2 is cleared though.
>

> Thanks for the leson ;)
>
> Ok, for the GX1 the EM is set to 0; Emulate Processor Extension, if EM =
> 1 all flaoting point instructions causes a DNA fault 7

This is done twice for the gx1.
First in entry16.inc
Later with enable_fpu.inc

Is it posible to remove the line from the Config.lb for the fpu?

chris