[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sat May 13 10:47:02 CEST 2006

Richard Smith schrieb:
>>now I have start with own folders for allwell/stb3036 under targets and
>>mainboard.
>>
>>Is there  a recommended way to use/call own functions/files under LB.
>

> I don't really understand what you are trying to do?

Because of the differences to the eaglelion/5bcm I have create own
folders for mainboard and target in the LB tree called allwell/stb3036
and allwell/stb1036 also changed some files to get proper Vendor and ID
strings. So now I can make a ./buildtarget under targets to get a image
for that mobo.

>>Because, I have to had change settings for the cpu/amd/model_gx1 and others.
>>You know, enabling the cache and so on.
>

> That was just a hack.  What really need to happen is to figure out how
> to make the northbridge code properly call initialize_cpus().

I'm not sure, if we need that. because the model_gx1_init.c does the
same as the cpu_setup.inc in early state to initialize the cpu.

There is only the cache_enable stuff which is not called. but as I say
it would be better to do that earlier. I think that also the LB copying
to RAM is faster than.

Stefan talked about the auto.c, with the new own folders, that is the
only file I can touch without to make changes in the standard trees.

>>But I think i.e enabling memory segments for vga support and so on is a
>>good think for everybody :D
>

> Not really. The cluster people don't care about VGA.

Well, with own Config.lb everybody can decide to enable vga or not.
I need a way, to change cpu registers for the gx1, that all people are
happy. Currently you have to enable c0000 writeable/cacheable for vga
support.

Means, if CONSOLE_VGA = 1 make changes to the CPU registers BC_XMAP_2
and so on.

chris