[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA problems with IRQs

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Tue May 16 21:04:49 CEST 2006

>>Device where the interrupt router lies is set to
>>(0x12<<3)|0x00
>>
>>the first seems to be wrong (0:16.0) 0x00 is the better choice.
>>I thing "|" means "OR" I'm right?

uups,

I think my KCalc is on the woodway ;)
it says 0x12<<3 is 90h that is 10010000b

the upper five bits are the device.

  1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
------------------
16 8 4 2 1

should be 18 in decimal

> yes, | is OR.
>
> You should change the device position.
>
> NOTE: 0:16.0 might be 0x16 or 16 (0x10) - you need to find to make it
> work right. lspci shows hex values - this confused me quite some time
> when we did the opteron port..

Ok, lspci shows hex. What about cat /proc/pci? Is this decimal?
I will have a look with cat, because I remember that cat /proc/pci shows
different device numbers.

> Not necessarily the device ID though, since Linux might not support the
> actually used interrupt router. I think on K8 boards the IRQ router
> device and vendor id is still set to the k7 interrupt router (it was in
> the past) because the two devices were compatible and linux did only know
> the older part.

It seems that linux knows that router,

+++
PCI: Using IRQ router NatSemi [1078/0100] at 00:12.0
+++

in hex.