[LinuxBIOS] UEFI discussion

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue May 16 20:49:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

I was about to have a look at implementing UEFI, when I noticed the
following:

    I understand that I may download and read the UEFI 2.0
    specification without the requirement of a license, and doing so
    creates no obligations or commitments on my part. I further
    understand and acknowledge that any distribution, additional
    reproduction, implementation or other use of the specification
    requires a license, which can be obtained by executing the UEFI
    Adopters' Agreement.

Reading further, this means I have to pay a yearly (voluntary?) fee to
be allowed to do anything with the UEFI spec.

Is there any interest at all in an Open Source UEFI implementation?

This discussion is popping up from time to time but it is never really
getting forward yet.

What do you think?

Best regards
 Stefan Reinauer

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613