[LinuxBIOS] wiki access and commit rights

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed May 24 00:58:43 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060523 18:45]:
> Please, please make sure when you send a patch you have tested with a
> abuild.

Yes, this helps a lot. We have seriously been considering to
automatically block patches that break builds in the tree automatically.

The reason we didnt was basically the time it takes to compile all
boards, and decoupling the processes to work concurrently hasnt been
done due to lack of time.

> Stefan, I recently found a build problem that only cropped up with
> maximum log levels set to 9. Can we have a Config.abuild in each target
> directory with "all options on"? How do we cover this?

Defining "on" with non-boolean values can be tricky ;-) We can go and
compile everything with 9, then 8, then 7, ... and see where it starts
working.

I remember with the agami/aruma the reason I tried to push CAR is
because romcc would compile something like 10-20 minutes before you get
an error message that you are running out of registers.

Should we just force this low by setting ASM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL here?

So the question is: How do we want to cope with a board that compiles
with 8 but not with 9. Is this broken? Or would it be smart to say "this is
so complex it will never work with more than 8"?

   Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613