[LinuxBIOS] Question about AMD/Cyrix Geode GX1 based system

Juergen Beisert juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de
Tue May 30 11:08:54 CEST 2006

On Monday 29 May 2006 20:26, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Juergen Beisert <juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de> [060529 18:37]:
> > With write enabled E and F segments this message changes to:
> > Devices initialized
> > Copying IRQ routing tables to 0xf0000...done.
> > Verifing copy of IRQ routing tables at 0xf0000...done
> > Checking IRQ routing table consistency...
> > check_pirq_routing_table() - irq_routing_table located at: 0x000f0000
> > done.
>
> Can you provide a patch?

Yes, attached. But I'm not sure if this is the right place to patch. Maybe
there is a better place to enable this feature?

> > But it still hangs after downloading the Linux kernel :-(
>
> Have you enabled serial console in your kernel config?
> and did you specify it on the kernel command line? (ie.
> console=ttyS0,115200n8)

Yes I did. Its not my first embedded target that I bring up (but my first with
LinuxBios). So that was the first I care for.
The UART address seems ok, so I think Linux can find and use this device.

Regards

Juergen