[LinuxBIOS] Supported motherboards: List all boards in the tree?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Nov 1 15:26:58 CET 2006

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [061031 19:22]:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 10:14:39AM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> > If we're dropping it let's drop it. All these red lines give a misleading
> > impression.
>
> I agree _if_ the board never worked at all and there's no chance that
> someone will work on it over the next 1-2 years or so.
>
> But I would _not_ remove it (from svn) if it already worked at some
> point (or parts of it).

It did not. And it's still in the revision history.

> Currently the wiki lists everything that has a directory in
> src/mainboard. Maybe we should list only those boards which actually
> work, at least partially...

abuild tests for $LBROOT/src/mainboard/${VENDOR}/${MAINBOARD}/BROKEN

and ignores boards with that line

Maybe it should read
$LBROOT/src/mainboard/${VENDOR}/${MAINBOARD}/UNSUPPORTED

and be a basis whether this should appear in the web list or not.

Also,...

would it make sense to generate the web page from the repository,
by adding a boardinfo.xml file in each board subdirectory with the
information?

This information could be used to create a multitude of pages,.. for
example the qa.linuxbios.org things as well...

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613