[LinuxBIOS] Disabled device help

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Fri Nov 3 20:02:12 CET 2006

My large device gets disabled somewhere in LinuxBIOS or the kernel. This is
the encouraging line from LinuxBIOS telling me that the registers are indeed
set correctly.

PCI: 05:01.0 18 <- [8000000000 - bfffffffff] prefmem64

Unfortunately, Linux sees something different and fails to allocate this
region because it sees it at 00000080-000000bf and that conflicts with other
things.

Does anyone have a pointer to where I should look for this problem? Has
anyone else had problems with devices larger than 4GB?

Thanks,
Myles