[LinuxBIOS] well supported current cheap desktop pc mobo recommendation?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Nov 4 16:05:45 CET 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:23:58PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Eric Waguespack wrote:
> > Can someone please provide me with a short list of (current / cheap /
> > desktop oriented) motherboards that enjoy full support with linuxbios?
>
> Sorry, there are none. But you are welcome to help us with the task
> to get at least one modern bard supported. It would certainly be
> appreciated.

I'm currently reading the Intel 845GE/PE datasheet, trying to
understand all the RAM init stuff. I intend to add support for that
chipset, based on the 855PM code. I do have a testboard
(ASUS P4PE-X TE) with that northbridge, and the ICH4 as southbridge
(which is supported already AFAIK).

The Super I/O is an IT8708F for which I'll post a patch soon.

I guess this chipset should enable us to support quite a number of
recent Intel-based boards. Any help with the northbridge is really
welcome!

Uwe.