[LinuxBIOS] google, qa.linuxbios.org

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Nov 16 12:23:17 CET 2006

* Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel.crashing.org> [061116 11:34]:
> > And your server got "slashdotted".
>
> Really?  We hardly noticed ;-)

Just as a quick note: The server (2*Opteron 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM)
was running at a permanent load of 120 for several hours and
was not too responsive during that time.

I fixed some of the issues after searching for slashdotting survival
hints on the web. So in case this happens again, we should not be
experiencing the same break-down in future.

As a side node: We've been having 15-20k hits per day on the main page
in the last 2 days. And that's only those that got through ;)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613