[LinuxBIOS] Failure with Tyan K8WE S2895

Daniel Drake ddrake at brontes3d.com
Thu Nov 16 15:07:32 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 14:44 -0800, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
> 1. Mem size?

2GB

> 2. Linux Kernel version when you are flashing linuxbios.rom?

2.6.18.2

> 3. you need to use tiny kernel to boot from SATA.

I'm using FILO as a payload, not a kernel directly -- does the size of
the kernel still matter? Would a payload/kernel issue really cause this
kind of problem? I'd expect more than 0.5 seconds of life from the
system anyway, I'd be happy if it gave me a prompt or similar.

Thanks!
Daniel