[LinuxBIOS] ASUS M2NPV-VM + ASUS V2-AH2

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Sun Nov 19 02:21:16 CET 2006

On 11/18/06, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> yhlu wrote:
> > I have finished the porting for mcp55. and like to spend one day to
> > port one mcp55+AM2 based MB.
> >

> > MSI K9N Platinum
>
> Good, but expensive.
>
> Could you port to the MSI K9N Neo 4F instead? It is much cheaper
> and will help LinuxBIOS adoption.

K9N4 Ultra-F isn't widely available yet as far as I know;  K9N Neo is
less than $75 and available at most major vendors.

Having said that, =any= mcp55 / am2 board should get us fired up
pretty quickly -- the only differences on a lot of these are the
number of PCI / PCI-e slots.

When we get these similarly named MSI desktop boards into the tree, it
will probably make more sense to refer to them as K9N Neo (ms-7260),
K9N4 Ultra-F (ms-7310), etc.

-dhbarr.