[LinuxBIOS] #41: Re: #40: Decide on common header #ifndef names or standards for usage

LinuxBIOS svn at openbios.org
Wed Nov 22 01:25:29 CET 2006

#41: Re: [LinuxBIOS] #40: Decide on common header #ifndef names or standards for
usage
--------------------------------------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>  |         Owner:  somebody
        Type:  defect                                   |        Status:  closed
   Component:  code                                     |       Version:  v2
  Resolution:  duplicate                                |      Keywords:
Dependencies:  #40                                      |   Patchstatus:  there is no patch
--------------------------------------------------------+-------------------
Changes (by stepan):

  * status:  new => closed
  * dependencies:  => #40
  * resolution:  => duplicate

Old description:

> I think I've mostly been using these:
>
> >  __FOO_H__
>
> these are used by glibc and Linux:
>
> _PATH_TO_FOO_H
>
> Maybe we want to use those?
>
> which ones have we been using most? (Smallest change commandment)
>
> >  Is there a special convention or agreement on when to use which? If
> yes,
> >  it should be documented. If no, we should standardize on one format
> and
> >  use it consistently.
>
> Lets make a standard now and use it. It should go to the Coding
> Guide Lines
>
> Stefan

New description:

 I think I've mostly been using these:

 >  __FOO_H__

 these are used by glibc and Linux:

 _PATH_TO_FOO_H

 Maybe we want to use those?

 which ones have we been using most? (Smallest change commandment)

 >  Is there a special convention or agreement on when to use which? If
 yes,
 >  it should be documented. If no, we should standardize on one format and
 >  use it consistently.

 Lets make a standard now and use it. It should go to the Coding
 Guide Lines

 Stefan

Comment:

 this is a duplicate of #40. closing it