[LinuxBIOS] Linux BIOS support for Eden CPU

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Wed Nov 22 08:32:50 CET 2006

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 06:31:12PM +0530, Abins Jose wrote:
>
>> I am planning to use Linux BIOS for a new x86 board consisting of VIA
>> Eden processor with a VIA VT8251 southbridge.
>>

> The VT8251 doesn't seem to be supported, yet, see
> http://www.linuxbios.org/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices
>
> VIA datasheets aren't publically available usually (it seems), so I'm
> not sure this will happen anytime soon, either...
>

> Uwe.

Via has a page to request a datasheet for their hardware...
unfortunately, it also uses the 3-letter word: NDA. It couldn't hurt to
email them and find out if there's an NDA attached to this datasheet or
not. It does not seem that this datasheet is available anywhere for
public download, at least not on their website or the first few pages of
a google search.

-Corey