[LinuxBIOS] Potential port?

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Nov 23 23:01:42 CET 2006

> So here is the lspci of the board I have (which includes a post lcd
> readout directly on the mobo). I'm a little concerned that the lspci
> doesn't recognize the Host and PCI bridges...

The RD580 is not in the Linux PCI ID database yet; not at
pcidatabase.com either.

> So what are my chances on this one?

It seems to be pretty much compatible to the RD480; but no
single ATi chipset is supported by LinuxBIOS yet afaik.

If you're lucky the PCIe bridges work without any chipset
specific initialisation.  No matter what, some work is
required.

Good luck,

Segher