[LinuxBIOS] Tyan Thunder n6650W ( S2915 ) support

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Wed Nov 29 14:00:47 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 10:34:13AM +0100, raphael Jacquot wrote:
> hmm.. I wasn't planning on getting the one with the sas controller...
> the idea was to get a nice areca raid controller for the 16 disks
> that I'll be able to fit in my Chenbro 41416B case ;D
> I only need a could sata drives (raid 1) to fit the OS...

Oh, ok. If you're OK with booting off a single drive (and not the
RAID volume) you could even get away with FILO then. But Linux would
be nice so booting from a degraded RAID-1 works too.

> > Possibly the chipset can decode 16Mbit in which case you'll fit
> > Linux without effort. 8 will require some care in building the
> > kernel but it's quite doable.
>
> right
>
> do they make bios saviors for that size memory ?

No, but you can put any size LPC flash ROM in a LPC BIOS savior.
The important question is whether the chipset can access all of
2Mbyte of flash.

//Peter