[LinuxBIOS] Very confused about ram initialization

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 03:37:03 CET 2006

Jon Dufresne wrote:

> I am really at a loss of what to do next. I am having a hard time
> debugging this, mostly because I don't exactly know what I need to do
> in the first place.
>
> Any tips for getting ram to work correctly?

As Ron said, Without docs you have a very hard road ahead.

The following JEDEC document may help you somewhat understand what is
going on.  It pretty heavy reading though.

Free but you have to register with the jedec site to get to the downloads.

JESD79E
DOUBLE DATA RATE (DDR) SDRAM SPECIFICATION:

The mfg datasheets and app notes for the ram chips on your DIMM may also
help you understand what you need to do to make the ram talk.

Good luck.

--
Richard A. Smith