[LinuxBIOS] FW: rev F support code

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Oct 6 16:57:57 CEST 2006

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:29:40PM -0700, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
>
>>How about
>>
>>/*
>> * Copyright (C) 2006 ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES
>> *
>> * This code is under GPL
>> *
>> * main change log:
>> *
>> */
>

> It's better than nothing, but I would rather use the full GPL header,
> because that
>
>  - includes a "no warranty" phrase
>  - explicitly states whether it's "GPL v2" or "GPL v2 or later"
>  - is the de-facto standard used in 98% or so of all GPL'd projects
>
> As for the changelog, I don't think that's necessary. That information
> is contained in the svn commit logs (at least it should), there's no
> need to duplicate it in the files...
>

> HTH, Uwe.

you can include it by reference, see drivers/net:

         Copyright 1993 United States Government as represented by the
Director,
         National Security Agency.  This software may only be used and
distributed
         according to the terms of the GNU General Public License as
modified by SRC,
         incorporated herein by reference.

The key part

if it's good enough for the NSA ...