[LinuxBIOS] PATCH: GPL Header for som/ims/p2b code.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Oct 9 17:56:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 08:42:51PM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> >Richard: Is GPLv2 or later fine? Are you the copyright owner or maybe
> >         a company you work for?
>
> GPLv2 or later is fine for me.  That said however,  very little of
> that som_gx533 and p2b code was created by me.  The som stuff is a
> copy of the Rumba board and the p2b is a copy of the ims stuff.  The
> ims stuff is a mix and match from several of the other boards.  I just
> stuck it all together and then fixed a few quirks to make the SPD code
> work.

Hm, ok, so more investigations are needed. I think it's pretty common in
the code-base that stuff gets copied and modified. We need to find the
person(s) who created the original "template" code and add them as
co-authors to those "Copyright 200x" lines...

Do archives of the older CVS trees (with full history) still exist?
The svn history only goes back to an "import of freebios2" or so entry.
Ah, I just noted that the v1 tree seems to go back to an earlier date.
Does it contain _all_ history of the code or was something used before
CVS back then?

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann