[LinuxBIOS] PATCH: GPL Header for som/ims/p2b code.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Oct 9 18:01:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 07:53:34PM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> gpl v2. Let's avoid "or later" until that controversy is resolved.

I don't see a problem with "v2 or later". Everybody who doesn't like to
use GPLv3 (when it's released) can just chose to use v2. That's
perfectly legal.

Ifwe don't use "v2 or later" for the major parts _now_, but decide (at
some point in the future) to convert to "v3 or later" we'll have to go
through all of this relicensing stuff again...

> All LANL code has that weird bsd-like license text, but note it is really
> GPL. So GPL V2.

Wait, the actual license is the GPL? It doesn't say so anywhere, so that
definately needs to be clarified. As I understood things until now, was
that the LANL-text is in itself a license, namely a BSD-ish one.
Would LANL agree to relicense their code to GPL, and/or remove the
BSD-ish text? It's really confusing...

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann