[LinuxBIOS] Motherboard supported?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Oct 12 14:00:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:41:42PM -0500, Bari Ari wrote:
> Quinn Storm wrote:
> > I have a motherboard, via kt133 chipset, I think its an abit, not sure,
> > but the model name is kt7a-raid...anyhow I am rather curious if it will
> > work with linuxbios, does anyone know?
> >
> Take a look at:
> http://www.linuxbios.org/index.php/FAQ#Will_LinuxBIOS_work_on_my_machine.3F
>
> The VIA KT133 chipset
>
> http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/legacy/kt133/
>
> was the VT8363 with the VT82C686A. Not supported by LinuxBIOS.

I'd really, really like to see a bunch of popular, cheap, mainstream
boards supported out of the box. IMHO this is really essential to get
more developers on board.

Looking at a few random shops here in Germany, it seems that the most
popular brands are Asus, ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte for mainbaords in the
price range of 40-80 Euros.
I personally have a bunch of Asus boards here I can use for testing.

What's the major obstacle for supporting those? Is it just that
Someone Has To Do It (tm), or are there major problems with lack of
datasheets or something?

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann