[LinuxBIOS] Motherboard supported?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Oct 12 14:37:33 CEST 2006

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [061012 14:00]:
> Looking at a few random shops here in Germany, it seems that the most
> popular brands are Asus, ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte for mainbaords in the
> price range of 40-80 Euros.
> I personally have a bunch of Asus boards here I can use for testing.
>
> What's the major obstacle for supporting those? Is it just that
> Someone Has To Do It (tm), or are there major problems with lack of
> datasheets or something?

Yes, doing the work is the major issue here for most of the boards.

Many of the cheap boards use the same or similar chipsets as the
more expensive ones.

So one task to get things started is to find a couple of cheap boards
that consist of supported components... (or habe most of the components
supported)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613