[LinuxBIOS] ADLO status? Plan 9?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Oct 14 23:40:53 CEST 2006

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [061014 23:24]:
> what's the current status of ADLO? Is it still maintained? Where?
> I can't find it in the LinuxBIOSv2 tree, but it's still in
> theLinuxBIOSv1 repository. Is there any upstream website?
> http://www.missl.cs.umd.edu/sebos_phase2.html doesn't seem to be
> up-to-date, and I cannot find any code there.

We should maintain a page in the Wiki for it. It needs quite a bit
brush up.

The information on how to enable/disable the A/B/C/D/E/F segment memory
needs to go to LinuxBIOS, otherwise we have to change ADLO for each
mainboard. I suggest packing something into the LB table is a good place
for this.. Any takers? ;-)

> What does actually work with current ADLO? Does it boot
>
>  * Windows XP?
>  * Windows 2000?
>  * OpenBSD?
>  * (Free)DOS?
>  * anything else?

It is using bochs bios (a too old version maybe) so theoretically it
should be able to boot everything that bochs/qemu can boot as well.

Windows 2000 was proven to work. Dont know about others...

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613