[LinuxBIOS] Support for Abit AV8? Suggestion for AM2 board?

Dan Armak danarmak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 23:40:54 CEST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 23:18, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > Anyway,
> > I don't have the equipment to flash a removable chip :-)
>
> You do. It's your motherboard :)
Yes, I know that :-) I meant I don't have special equipment for flashing the
chip outside the motherboard. That's why I thought it didn't matter whether
it was removable or not.

The thought of buying a blank one hadn't occurred to me. I'm purely a software
guy. I wouldn't know what to buy...

I don't want to use linuxbios if there's a non-negligible chance of trashing
my motherboard in the process. If there's no suitable board I can buy and
expect to work, and if I have to do stuff like replacing the BIOS chip, then
I'll probably just give it up for now.

--
Dan Armak