[LinuxBIOS] Improvements to "Supported Motherboards" wiki page.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Oct 21 11:20:49 CEST 2006

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [061020 23:08]:
> I'd like to remove the "Specification" (mostly useless IMHO, info can be
> found in the linked vendor pages) and "Chipsets" entries.
> They should be replaced with the most important parts someone has to
> check to know whether the mainboard is supported.
>
> At a bare minimum I think these entries should be listed:
>  * Northbridge
>  * Southbridge
>  * Super I/O
>
> Any further entries? CPU/Socket maybe?

CPU/Socket might be useful because it makes it easier to estimate the
effort for porting to a new mainboard by just doing a quick check of the
page.

In addition to southbridge we might want to add "other bridges" like the
8131 PCI-X bridge (we call all of them southbridges in LinuxBIOS context
so far). Maybe "special items"? Then we could add HTC connectors, PCIe,
and some such tags.

> Also, I'll add an entry for _all_ mainboards in the svn repository, and
> list those which are not (yet) functional as "work in progress" or so...

great!

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613