[LinuxBIOS] Support for Abit AV8? Suggestion for AM2 board?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 14:02:58 CEST 2006

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 12:30:01PM -0700, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
>> Hope someone build one USB rom emualator for openmarket.
>
> What is the minimum useful size? Would 2Mbit be enough? Can anyone
> suggest a reasonable target price?

I'd say 16 Mbit, but that's just my dream of everything-in-BIOS.
But IMO 4 Mbit are really the minimum.

Target price... something below 50 Euros would be nice, but I
don't know whether that can be achieved.

> A USB micro, SRAM and some mux chips is really all that's needed.
> Maybe even use flash in the emulator. But to have an upgrade path
> and best configurability would probably require a PLD.

What if you create something like an USB programmable BIOS saviour
instead? That should fit most requirements AFACIS.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel