[LinuxBIOS] Chipset support

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Oct 28 21:58:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=40&model=197&modelmenu=1

> North bridge :- Intel 845 GE South bridge:- Intel ICh4(FW828201DB)

The northridge is not yet supported, but the datasheet is available and
it's probably similar to the 855PM (which is supported) so it's just a matter
of Someone Has To Do It (tm), I think. The ICH-4 seems to be supported.

What Super I/O is on the board? It's probably a Winbond chip(?)

Is the BIOS socketed or soldered on?

Uwe.