[LinuxBIOS] Support for Intel G965 GMCH Chipset?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 19:37:26 CET 2006

On 10/31/06, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:

> Is it common that you need more documentation than that for Intel
> chipsets? Are they usually missing important bits?

Those public docs, once so helpful, are now mostly useless. The important
content is not there.

> As for the example code - I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to get
> code from them (even worse, under NDA), as that would probably "taint"
> any contributed (GPL'd) code we might later include into LinuxBIOS.
> The Intel lawyers could always argue that we illegally
> distributed/modified
> their code or whatever...

This is why I tell people, 'Don't get tricky'. Tell Intel from the beginning
what you are doing, and that you intend to release code, and do it in
writing. make sure there is no confusion. Get permission.

Then there are no surprises or bad feelings at either end.

thanks

ron