[LinuxBIOS] Two problems

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Sep 14 13:32:20 CEST 2006

* ROHIT VENKATACHALAM <rohitvenkat at sify.com> [060912 16:14]:
> 1. I have an ATI
> 3D Rage Pro onboard video rom. I have got the vgabios rom for it. I cat
> it with linuxbios.rom and produce the final linuxbios image. During
> execution, after entering the x86 emulator, there is a message saying
> -
> halt_sys:/home/rohit/LinuxBIOSv2/src/devices/emulator/x86emu/ops.c
>  line 2136

This message just means the rom has been executed and the emulator
execution ended normally.

> but the execution of LinuxBIOS continues and nothing is
> seen on the monitor. Whats the problem?

- what board are you using?

- Is there any other output? Can you send the complete log, please?

- Can you please enable debug output for the emulator?

> 2. I am using FILO in
> Etherboot to boot linux already stored in a SATA disk. But I am getting
> the following message -
>
> No Drive detected on IDE Channel 2

- SATA drives are recognized first in the chain. Try hda instead of hde.

- Are you using an nvidia chipset? SATA does not work on those.

   Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613